Photo courtesy of Feeding America
We all know what it’s like to be hungry.
Take Action Today: Volunteer. Engage. Advocate. Donate.
Here are 5 ways that you can take action:
1. Volunteer with friends, family, coworkers, or social groups at Helpline House.
2. Make a one-time or monthly donation in honor of Hunger Action Month. Every dollar provides nutritious groceries for our neighbors in need. While donating food may seem like the best thing to do to help your local food bank, Helpline House's food bank can do more with a monetary donation.
3. Host a food drive at work, at school, or in your neighborhood and encourage donations of healthy non-perishables. Canned vegetables, shelf-stable milk, peanut butter, and canned lean proteins are among our most needed food drive items.
4. Get the latest Food Bank news and stay informed on critical hunger-related issues by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Join the conversation by posting on your own social channels, and remember to use #HungerActionMonth.
5. Share your story here! Even anonymous stories make an impact. If you have personal experience with hunger or are an inspirational volunteer, telling us your story can help the Food Bank do more for our neighbors in need.