Are you facing financial difficulties?
If you are unsure of how you're going to pay your rent/mortgage and utility bills, among other bills, a Helpline House case manager will help you begin assessing your critical needs and access the resources that will help you the most.

How We Help

Professional services are provided cost-free to those in need by social services regardless of income. Needs are defined broadly and are not always financial. 


Confidential appointments with credentialed social workers are available cost-free to any community member seeking support or resources to solve a variety of problems.

There are four categories of social work assistance we offer, available to anyone who needs it. Each one is listed in the section below. Additional resources are also available.

All social workers at Helpline House are specially trained. They are responsible for the coordination of services with local, regional, state and federal agencies.

Assessing crisis needs and access to local, county, state, and federal emergency funds.

Working with local, county, state and federal programs to maximize for longer term solutions.

Coordinating with agencies like Kitsap Mental Health, the A.L.I.V.E. program & Kitsap Community Resources.

Outreach to senior services, assistance with prescription drugs & resources to keep seniors independent and more.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 2.50.53 PM.png

The Park District partners with Helpline House to provide scholarship referrals for children and seniors, 80+ years young.  View and Download the catalog at

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.47.57

Get Ready for BI Park & Rec Spring Registration.

NEW BI Park & Rec paperless* scholarships.

New eligibility guidelines offer support for
households that didn't qualify before.

Apply for New Scholarship
Opportunities at Helpline House:



*paperless scholarships will be electronically sent
to the aquatic center's front desk for easy registration.

Image by Gabriel Baranski

The YES Fund keeps up with a child’s thirst to learn. Local kids are able to join in any activity to nurture their desire to discover and explore without the socioeconomic differences holding back their participation with peers. 

To learn more about the YES Fund partnership, which provides financial support to young people who may need assistance to meet basic needs, achieve academic success, or pursue extracurricular activities, visit BCF’s website at

Get Covered.

Loss of health insurance may make you eligible for free or low-cost coverage through Washington Apple Health.

Turning 65 or a permanent disability may make enrollment into a Medicare plan your next step.

Get ready for medicare.png

Get the basics.  Ask a Social Worker.

Helpline House's friendly, knowledgeable Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisor (SHIBA) will guide community members (regardless of income) during a cost-free appointment.

Screenshot 2022-03-24 084431.jpg

Need to make a change? Find out if you qualify for special enrollment.

Washington Apple Health

Medicaid is a health coverage program operated by states, within broad federal guidelines. Although the federal government pays a portion of the costs, Medicaid is administered and operated by states, and each state's program is a little different depending on the needs and goals of that state. 

About Washington Apple Health

In Washington, Medicaid is called Washington Apple Health. Free or low-cost coverage is available year-round for those who qualify. Since the Affordable Care Act launched in October 2013, more people have access to preventive care, such as cancer screenings, treatment for diabetes and high blood pressure, and many other health care services they need to stay healthy. Apple Health clients enroll and renew online using Washington Healthplanfinder. Apple Health is administered by the Washington State Health Care Authority:

Get free and confidential assistance to sign up or renew your health and dental coverage through

or schedule an appointment with a Helpline House case manager for a free phone meeting.

Financial Support for Day Care & Child Care Providers

Helpline House case managers provide scholarship referrals for local child care providers: Bainbridge Island Child Care Centers and Peacock Family Services, and the Boys and Girls Club of Bainbridge Island

Schedule an appointment with a case manager during business hours; call 206.842.7621

mom w three kids.jpg

Get help navigating resources.
Case managers are here for any community member that needs help reaching and coordinating resources.

Meet your social worker

A case manager will call you upon your scheduled time. If you prefer a video chat, assistance is available 

through a simple, secure, confidential face to face online talk. You can learn more from your case manager.

More resources for self-care and supporting others.

BIRD logo-clr.png