Neighbor Helping Neighbor,
One Neighbor At A Time
Founded in the 1960s as a food bank in response to the "war on poverty", Helpline House is a community-funded non-profit agency providing a full range of services.
- Social Work/Advocacy
- Food Bank
- Counseling Program
- Medical Equipment Loan
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Schedule
Basic services are provided cost-free to those in need. Needs are defined broadly, and are not always financial.
Any community member in crisis or in need of social work consultation, volunteer opportunities or other related service is welcome at Helpline House.
Helpline House is centrally located in Winslow on Knechtel Way.
See Us In Action!
On November 20, students from Ordway Elementary School participated in their annual Parade of Condiments to provide
much needed food for Helpline's Thanksgiving program.
EASY WAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Did you know that you can contribute to Helpline from this website with your credit card?
- Help with rent
- PSE help
- Needing help with children, parenting and some others
- Help with kids participation in swimming
- Seeking approval for child care at BICCC for 3 year old
In January social workers provided counseling services for individuals coping with severe depression, grief and loss, anxiety, and transitional stress. Social workers also met with clients to provide rental assistance, park vouchers, Salvation Army warm home funds, SNAP applications and renewals, and referrals to county and statewide resources.
1. The food bank served 1,923 individuals in 987 households in January. This continues a downward trend; in August we served 2,578 individuals in 1,329 households. Overall, this means a decrease of 26% in the past 6 months.
2. Plentiful donations continue, with a large food drive from Woodward Middle School as well as a sizeable donation of toiletry items collected by Bainbridge Storage.
3. Planning is well underway for a variety of facility improvements designed to enhance volunteer safety and efficiency. Projects include installation of a commercial kitchen stainless steel sink, improved access ramps and a structure to provide protection of volunteers and deliveries from the weather.