Neighbor Helping Neighbor,
One Neighbor At A Time
Founded in the 1960s as a food bank in response to the "war on poverty", Helpline House is a community-funded non-profit agency providing a full range of services.
- Social Work/Advocacy
- Food Bank
- Clothing Works
- Counseling Program
- Medical Equipment Loan
- Volunteer Opportunities
Basic services are provided cost-free to those in need. Needs are defined broadly, and are not always financial.
Any community member in crisis or in need of social work consultation, volunteer opportunities or other related service is welcome at Helpline House.
Helpline House is centrally located in Winslow on Knechtel Way.
See Us In Action!
NEW AND EASY WAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Did you know that you can contribute to Helpline from this website with your credit card?
- I need help getting gas to go to Arizona because I've got work waiting, a place to live for myself and my dog.
- Food, eye exam and eye glasses.
- I am presently unemployed, homeless (staying temporarily with a friend) and depressed. I'm hoping to find resources for employment and housing assistance and grief counseling.
- Would like to find out if there's any way I can work and keep medical. Also would like help with finding somewhere that I can afford on my own to live, could use help with fixing car.
- I need help with paying hospital bills.
- My electric, H2O and mortgage need help, electric to be turned off! H2O behind mortgage not paid, ex is behind $5,100 to date need help; hitchhiking, clutch out in car too.
- My home foreclosed need help to move. New owner wants me out in a week.
- No health insurance - would like to obtain information on alternatives.
Approximately 10 people inquired about housing resources, not just financial assistance for rent in established residences.
Change in seasons may be contributing to people gaining energy to change their situation.
Weekly statistics for March's total service numbers are UP over both January and February. Total food orders for March were 981.